Slow Carb Foods
Sunday, March 13 2016
Contributed by: dbsmall
When on the diet, I ate a lot of the same meals, over and over. Here are some of my favorites:
- Protein shakes. Right now, I'm enjoying ON powder, often with spinach blended in.
- I had great results from Garden of Life Raw protein powder, but boy does it taste like drinking a sand milkshake.
- Quest nutrition bars
- Kirkland Snacking Nuts
- At Trader Joe's, get frozen broccoli florets, frozen grilled cauliflower, a can of black beans, a frozen mixture of lentils & green garbanzos with tomatoes and olive oil, a pack of fake ground beef made from soy protein. Mix them all together with a bottle of sauce (I like their green Thai curry and Indonesian salsa), and part into 5 or 6 portions to freeze and reheat.
- Huevos a la mexicana with beans
- Romain lettuce, greek dressing, cucumbers
- Athens Burgers "Greek Salad"
- Subway chopped salad with two veggie patties
- Chipotle salad without dressing, using sofritas as the protein
- On some splurgey days, I'll get falafel balls with salad and pickels