What's next with diet/exercise?
Sunday, March 13 2016
Contributed by: dbsmall
What will I be doing, next?
2) Continued weight loss down to 143 lbs. (Just like Mr. Rogers!)
3) Running some distance with Lambo
4) Some plyo box experiments to improve my vertical
- On March 31, I will begin eating moderate amounts of animal products again
- I'll mostly be vegetarian
- I'll be less strict---willing to eat small amounts of meat or recipes with broth in them
- On weekends, I may eat a bit of meat. But on weekdays, I won't.
- That way, when I have the opportunity to eat special opportunities---say, a cheesesteak in Philly, or sushi in Hawai'i, I can do so without GI distress
- In the near future, expect an chance to help me identify these special opportunities
- I've taken a set of blood labs (including lipid panel, blood panel, B12, vitamin D, fasting glucose, Hemoglobin A1C, liver function, kidney function). After a year of eating meat again, I'll retake them, and use the results to guide whether to return to vegetarianism or stick with the current model
- As a side note, despite taking the dog for a couple miles of walking, daily, I am surprisingly vitamin D deficient. It's easily remedied, and I wish I'd asked for a full set of tests, long ago.
Continued weight loss down to 143 lbs. (Just like Mr. Rogers!)
- What's working is working, so I'll keep going the same rate. Once I get down to 143, I'll be working less on weight loss, and more on body composition.
Running some distance with Lambo
Some plyo box experiments to improve my vertical